The Vow, 2012, starring Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams was a box office hit over the weekend. So, how did this Chick-Flick rate for you?
The Vow is a movie about the trials that Paige (Rachel McAdams) and Leo (Channing Tatum) went through as their marriage faces the real test of "for better or for worse". Paige suffers a severe concussion, where she ends up losing her memory of the past few years. She does not remember that she is married to Leo or anything about her current life. She only remembers that she was in law school and engaged to another man. Leo has to fight hard to regain the love of his wife and Paige has to fight hard to face the demons of her past once again.
I found this movie to be a good, down to earth movie, but not laggy. Lots of dramas nowadays tend to drag in the middle and you wonder why you even care. But, in this movie, you root for the couple the whole time. I found it also to be refreshing that it was a clean movie, with only one swear word and one butt shot of Tatum. Sorry, men, there was no female nudity in this movie.
Now, I just want to make sure you are educated to what this movie is about before you see it. Many women in the theater were crying through the whole movie, and some walked out. Some women said that they did not expect the movie to be like that. I am not too sure what they were expecting from the previews, but I will let you know that it is not a romantic comedy. Romantic yes, Comedy, no. In fact, at first, I was upset with the movie, because how romantic Leo was to Paige, made me sick that only Hollywood could write men to be so loving, but then I discovered at the end of the movie, that it was based on a true story, so perhaps there is hope out there that romantic men are out there.
If you are looking for a nice, clean, romantic movie, then I highly recommend seeing The Vow.
Want to download this movie and more to your computer, Iphone or Ipad? Tired of paying monthly fees and per title fees? Just click here to try it out.
Click Here!

No comments:
Post a Comment